"Thank you for teaching us Art", he said

I am a part of the team that creates a program "En-Genius" which is similar to Inner Awakening for adults but geared towards children.
Topics that I am working on are art and theater sessions.  I am creating lesson plans based on my regular art classes that I teach at my school and the program that was developed when Bakta Swami was in New York.  It is a lot of fun and I have two wonderful  new girlfriends who are going to teach that course in December.  It is so much fun to do it with them.  They are learning really fast and both are saying that it has always been their dream to do stuff like that.
Anyway, today was a first trial class that we did in the Gurukul school (it is the school in the ashram).  First I was passing by two hours prior to the session and kids were standing outside of the school.  They saw me and got so excited and said: "Oh, you are coming to teach us art today, right?"  I talked to them for a couple of minutes and enjoyed their enthusiasm about learning.  Later girls and I went to the school and had our first class. It went well, everyone was very eager to learn and I was happy  that I brought my art supplies with me because I could give some of it to the kids who were really good to get them inspired.
Later I was going to my session and passed Gurukul again.  A nine year old boy ran to me and said: "Thank you for teaching us art today."  "You are welcome", I replied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!