Enlightened Friends

Paramahamsa Nithyananda always says that people are enlightened already and they just need to realize their own enlightenment.
I feel it more and more now.  I look around and people whom I have known for years became so much brighter and interesting and amazing since I came back.  I have always loved my friends and cherished them.  It is very much family tradition but now I really feel that they (my friends) are shining more than ever.  No, the reality is they are shining the same way but my ability to see light in them changed.  
Stories:  One of my girlfriends  was very happy that her son was about to get married.  They loved the girl, they loved the fact that he was serious about it, they loved the family of the girl (and you have to admitt that it is important).  October was the time for the big event.  I learned that the wedding was cancelled.  When speaking to her I asked how she feels about it and if she wants them to get married and she said: "It is not really important what I want.  I have no way of knowing what will be good and what will be bad.  I am going to enjoy any outcome our family will have out of this relationship."  She went to the ceremony that these young people created (they exchanged the commitments to work out the issues) and enjoyed it.
Another friend of mine is always working on understanding life.  The decisions she finds are coming from a "conflict-free space".  If something can be resolved peacefully she would resolve it peacefully; if more education needed to make a decision, she will educate herself without complaining and gratitude towards people who help her is always always present.   Is she enlightened?  I think so even she does not realize it.
Oh, and by the way, both of them are highly paid professionals.  How much good they are bringing to work!
Another one is a medical doctor, she has three kids, husband, parents to look after.  She wakes up every morning and starts her day with a gratitude prayer (it is called pooja) and then carries that energy through the whole day.  Is she enlightened?
Real people shining around...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!