Travelling

I now fully realize what my step father and uncle were talking about when saying  that you have to travel if you an artist.  It is an expansion from the work in the studio.
Of course you continue working on your skills when you paint in plain air but this is not my point.
I noticed that when I come to a different place I have absolutely different ideas on what to pain, what media to use.  I think the inspiration comes from the place itself.  That new place asks you  to express itself through you.
So bottom line -
My lesson is: Travel, and travel a lot.  Do not get settled in one place and work from there.  Pictures, however beautiful , are still already a second hand look at the creation.  Get the first hand.  Express YOUR experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

A “show” story

Amma's Darshan