Participation/ or ART weekend

Couple of weeks ago I went to visit my girlfriend and we decided to have an ART weekend.  We have been friends for a long  time, we both love art, it is easy for us to spend time together.  I am also blessed with her mom's friendship so this whole thing was very promising.
We planned a visit to a museum, a visit to a sculpture garden (it is called Grounds for sculpture), a painting session and a movie of course.  We ended up watching Woody Allen's "To Rome with Love".  Who would ever argue that Woody Allen isn't ART itself!
It was all awesome but the best part happened in Grounds For Sculptures park.
This park reminded me of a park in Bangalore, India.  I remember seeing a group of women talking in the park and only when I came close enough I realized that they were sculptures.  And same here, some of the sculptures are so real that until you get closer to them you do not realize that you are looking at the sculptures
Wonderful surprise was waiting for us there.  The artists of the Grounds For Sculptures made Impressionistic paintings into sculptural groups so you walk into the painting itself instead of only looking at it.
See, I love museums now.  I can spend a lot of time in them but when I was a child it could get boring for me.  I could not relate sometimes and when I started travelling with my daughter I realized that it is more fun for her and me to draw or paint in the museum, to try to make a copy of our favorite painting as part of our visit.  We spent about 2 hours in one room once in London and it was the most satisfying experience.  It happened because we were sitting and drawing what we were looking at.  Such an amazing connection with the piece.
Anyway, here our fun started with me pretending to be a part of one of the sculptural groups.  And we continued and continued..  All three of us came up with ideas how to become a part of  this sculpture garden.
Time was flying and I also noticed  that instead of my regular relaxed and sweet mood that I usually experience in museums I was excited and full of energy.  My body felt really alive.
Then a click happened. I listened to Paramahamsa Nithyananda talking about it many times but I never experienced it this way.
Participation is the key.  Not just witnessing is required of us but participating.
Participation creates the ownership of the moment.
You become a creator.  You become ART.
This is the album from that weekend https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115328481092870484471/albums/5773961623796923905

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

A “show” story

Amma's Darshan