Lullaby and pain

I went to a Korean spa yesterday to have a massage.   In the middle of that massage a lady started to sing a Korean lullaby.  The thing is that the whole massage is painful for me .  Maybe it is painful because I do not do them often.  Anyway, when she started singing a lullaby the unpleasant sensations subsided right away. I did not understand the language but I felt as a baby and my mom was taking care of me.  Fascinating that the brain seems to be ready to create experiences in your body based on the past memories.  Well, what if nurses in the hospitals start singing to their patients as part of the healing process?  Not sure what nurses will say to that idea but "singing" hospitals make me smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!