“I will never do competitions again!”, said a 6 year old winner.


“I will never do competitions again!”, said a 6 year old winner.

In the early afternoon, at the banquet for the winners of Mid Atlantic Spring Music Festival, Isha Iamanandra, a six year old student of Biryukov Academy, was patiently waiting for her trophies.  She won 1st Place in Musical Theater, 3rd place in Idol and a $200 dollars cash prize.
Yet when she got them, Isha said “Mommy, I will never do completions again.  They are not right.  I will do shows and I will perform in the theatre though.”
Isha’s decision was celebrated by her family and her Biryukov Academy teachers, because they too believe that the goal of every individual is to become the best expression of their own uniqueness; it cannot be achieved through a comparison of artists.   What do you think?
On the photo:  Isha Yamanandra, Nataly Iosobidze (Biryukov Academy’s vocal coach), Nithya Ramani (Isha’s mom)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

Enlightened Birthday