Saying "I love you " to her


"One king had a lot of land.  His kingdom was strong, and he felt very powerful.  He was still searching if there are some secrets about the power that he needs to know.
One day an enlightened master was passing by this kingdom.  The king asked the guards to invite him to the palace.  The master agreed to speak with the king.
“I want to know the most important secret about power,” the king said.
“Ok,” said the Master and asked to go to the king’s garden.  They walked together through the garden and then the Master stopped in front of the rose bush on one side and a cactus plant on the other.
“See,” said the Master. “The rose tree never tries to be like or grow into a cactus plant, and the cactus plant never tries to be or grow into a rose plant.  That is the real secret of power.”

I help people overcome the desire to compare themselves to someone else or try to become someone they admire all the time in my coaching practice or just in life.  We often do that because we do not know who we are and what is the unique combination that makes us and why it is good to be us?  It is a lot about self-love in the context of allowing oneself to be, to live one's peak potential.
See, I understand this and yet, when I started working on this piece and looking at myself...To make a long story short, my Friday was a day of tears, and my Saturday was a day of anger.  Loving ourselves is sometimes challenging, isn't it?  For example, I see gifts in every single person, and I see talents in everyone.  Once I put the close-up lens on myself, my measuring tape hardens into the whole bunch of judgment.
Sunday was a day of completion. My way out of the misery was not the list of accomplishments though to prove that I am worthy but the ability to say "I love you" to the little girl I used to be and still am while figuring out the world.  Saying "I love you " to her and accepting her was the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge.
Conclusion.
We are unique.  All of us.  We need to figure out who we are before we decide who we want to be when we grow up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!