I love my dad

I love my dad.
His step-daughter adopted a child. She lives in the US, and the child was from Russia.  The baby was 7 months old.  It was a happy moment, but the paperwork for the child to go with his new mom to his new home took a long time.  Mom had to go back after a month. And the seven-month baby?  He stayed with his grandparents.  My dad was 72 at the time.
I remember distinctly how much work this little person needs, from waking up in the middle of the night to walks in the park, diapers, cleaning, cooking, washing.  My dad's wife and my dad took all of it on themselves.  Just like that, in a blink of an eye, they turned into parents of a baby.  And they did it all.  They then repeated it every year when he came to visit, and they took care of him without hiring anyone.  He turned out such a happy, smart boy who loves them dearly.  He thinks he has two moms and two dads.  He is for sure lucky.
And I feel that my dad is just an amazing human being.  So happy and so proud I am his daughter.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!