"Are You Coming?", she asked.

Saturday afternoon.  I was not planning to go a satsang.  Originally I was supposed to go to a friend of mine who had Shiva Lingam but something changed and she was not hosting it.   Another satsang was happening in Edison which is further away.  I decided to stay home.
I was updating my facebook when I saw a message inside my facebook on the computer screen "Paramahamsa Nithyananda is calling you".  I could not believe my eyes. (Please read this sentence three times to feel what I felt when I saw the message.)
Panicking  that I do not know what to do (my technical skills need a lot of enlightenment), I started looking for a button to press to accept.  No button.  At that moment my phone rang.  I picked it up,
"Nithyanandam Ma, are you coming to satsang today?",  Harikanta (our New Jersey coordinator) said.
I said: "Oh, yes,  I am coming."

Satsang (Sanskrit sat = true, sanga = company) in Indian philosophy means (1) the company of the "highest truth," (2) the company of a guru, or (3) company with an assembly of persons who listen to, talk about, and assimilate the truth.[1] This typically involves listening to or reading scriptures, reflecting on, discussing and assimilating their meaning, meditating on the source of these words, and bringing their meaning into one’s daily life. Contemporary spiritual teachers in the West frequently come from the East but can come from any part of the world.
from wikipidia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satsang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guru and the Scandal

Amma's Darshan

New Thinking in Medical Doctors!